Study Leave Eligibility

Government employees must have at least three (3) years of service on the permanent establishment to be eligible for study leave.

Process for Applying For Study Leave

Personnel Department (PD) sends out notice to Ministries/Departments with the deadline for submission of Requests for Study Leave. The applicant is required to:

  • Submit leave request (on FORM T2), via Head of  Ministry/Department, to reach the SCD by the deadline.
  • Attach proof of acceptance from the University/College

Personnel Department (PD), informs Head of Ministry/Department of the outcome, and requests that Heads inform successful applicants to contact the Department to commence bonding.

Economic Cost - Full-time students enrolled at  the University of the West Indies

Applicants are advised to apply through the Ministry of Finance.  (Application Forms are available at the Ministry of Finance.  Proof of acceptance must accompany the application)

Student Loans

Applications for student loans can be made via the National Student Loan Advisory Committee (NSLAC).

Contact Information

The Secretariat for the NSLAC is located at the Ministry of Education, National Reconciliation and Ecclesiastical Affairs
Telephone: (784) 456-1111 Ext. 390 or 436.

All applications should be made through the Ministry of Education.


Location: The Personnel Department is located in the Ministerial Building on Halifax Street, on the second floor, above the SVG Postal Corporation.

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:15 pm
Saturday - Sunday

Contact Us

Tel: (784) 456-1690
Ext: 5278/5279
Fax: (784) 457-2638