All scholarship applications must be done on a Tl Form.
NOTICES for scholarships are published in the print media, aired on radio, and posted on the notice board at Service Commissions Department.
A. Undergraduate Studies
Study areas are normally given by the agency. Requirements are listed below.
I. Island Scholarships
- Available to Vincentian nationals
- Must be a graduate of the Community College in the year the scholarship is granted
- Subjects must be attained in one sitting
- Scholarship is based on academic performance according to the ratings from the University of Cambridge.
II. Organization of American States (OAS) (November/December)
- Students must be enrolled in full-time studies.
- Funding is for maximum of two years.
- Scholarship available in any field of study with the exception of medicine/medicine related areas.
- Students already enrolled must submit current academic transcript, along with application.
- Students about to enter must submit letter of acceptance for the Programme, with application.
III. Mexican Scholarships - Postgraduate Studies (July/August)
- Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree.
- The programme is taught in Spanish.
- Duration 2 years, in addition to 6 to 9 months to study the Spanish language.
IV. Cuban Scholarships (April/May)
- Applicants must have at least five (5) O’ Level subjects - CXC/CSEC General passes, including Mathematics or English Language. In addition, applicants must also have two (2) A’ Level subject passes relating to the field of study.
- Duration is 6 years, with the exception of Medicine, which is 7 years. The 1st year will be devoted to learning the Spanish language.
V. Trinity School of Medicine Scholarships (October)
- Applicants must have at least five (5) O’ Level subject - CXC/CSEC General passes, including Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry and Biology. In addition, applicants must also have three (3) A’ Level subject passes at Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
- Applications must be accompanied by formal Letter of Acceptance from the Trinity School of Medicine and transcripts.
VI. Commonwealth (UK)
- One (1) Year taught Masters Courses or equivalent degrees.
- six (6) months of Clinical Training in Medicine or Dentistry.
- Doctoral degrees for up to 3 years duration.
- One (1) year research on a split-site basis towards a Ph.D.
- Applicants must hold a First Degree of at least Upper Second Class Honours.
- Applicants should have graduated within the last 10 years.
VII. Simon Bolivar United World College of Agriculture Foundation – Venezuela (January)
- Duration – 3 years
- Study Area – Agriculture
- Country of Study – Venezuela
- Five (5) CXC/GCE O’Level subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Have a strong inclination for agriculture and manual work in rural areas in a hot climate.
- Between age 18 to 21 years.
- Students must meet the cost of Graduate fee of US$30.00.
- Board and Lodging
- Medical Insurance
- Airfare at beginning and end of programme
- Pocket Allowance
VIII. United States Military Academics Awards Requirements
- SAT Score of 1150
- Pass Physical Examination
- Not more than twenty-three (23) years of age.